Friday, January 13, 2012

tours galore

So what did i do today... We woke up just on time today but it was so cold i did not want to get out of my  bed in the "honeymoon suite" as chrissy calls it (because its dark and red with Little red lamps and the beds are so close together). It is literally freezing because they shut the heat off at night. Then we had cereal in the apartment to try to save money. It wasn't very good though but I saw some honey nut cherrios later today and I WILL  be buying them because I am obsessed with them. Then we walked to the bakery again but I refused to get a croissant again.

Then we sat through another two hour talk about classes. This time it was more about academics and we met each professor. Tomorrow we find out our official schedule and I'M excited to see what classes I got. After for two hours we filled out our permit to stay in Florence. It was stressful because we could not make mistakes. Then we went to lunch and I ordered brushetta but it came not the way I expected. There were five slices of bread but all with a different topping. I tried them all. 1) tomatoes/basil 2) spanich and tomatoes 3) veggies and mayo 4) mushrooms 5) crushed olives. Heres a picture:


At 2 we had a tour of our university and Alessia one of the staff showed us around. She is absolutely beautiful and so sweet and nice. Most of the staff is though, and their English is very good. She showed us her favorite stores, shops, lunch spots, gelato, and so much more. It's overwhelming how much stuff there is in this city. I decided to break it all down and then roam a section each day and travel else where on the weekends. It will be nice to go look around in between classes because its all right there.

Then we had a house visit at 3:30 for the landlord to come and show us around the house. It is pretty easy to understand everything. EXCEPT the washing machine is very little you can only put in about 12 lbs or like 3 towels worth so I feel like I'll have to do it all the time. We'll see! Plus there are no dryers here everything is air dry. Should be interesting.

Here is a pic of my UCONN roommates (Krista, Me, Lexa, Chrissy.. in order)


Then we just chilled and went to a grocery store. It was so confusing and it made me realize how stressful shopping is especially when you can't read signs and prices. I ended up just buying 12 Euros worth of veggies, bread, and granola bars until i get my money on Monday. We all made individual dinners and then snacked like all night... which cant happen all the time because its all carbs and i will get fat. Tomorrow we all talked about running! We stayed in tonight to chat and bond so I'm gonna head to bed early and be recharged for tomorrow. BUONA NOTTE (thanks to my aunt Vicki for that lingo)!

1 comment:

  1. Gabby,
    Why not try eating local, fresh foods during the week (cheese, bread veggies, fruit) to help keep you in shape AND keep the costs of food down. THEN, you can treat yourself on the weekends to whatever looks good regardless of whether you can figure out the price! The math part of traveling would be the worst part for me too.

    ReplyDelete