Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home is not where you are its who your with

The title explains everything about today. Almost all of my roommates ended up crying today because of being homesick or their boyfriends. I have not yet which doesn't surprise me. I am just so excited to be here and open to so many new experiences.

This morning we got our schedules for our classes and mine is pretty amazing but it will probably change throughout the week because I have five full credit and a mandatory 1 credit UCONN students have to take and they suggest just four. Once it's finalized I will post a picture! We waited for two hours for that along with book purchases and signing up for day trips. The eight of my roommates signed up for both Saturday day trips. The first one next week is to Pisa, and the week after is to Sienna. I'M PUMPED! They were 50 American dollars each which isn't bad for transportation, lunch and a tour planned.

Today was also the first day I took a nap. I had to or I wouldn't be able to functionnn! Then we walked to the little markets and Chrissy and Krista bought real leather Massimo jackets for 160 Euros. They were gorggg. I'm going to go back another time when we have more time. All I bought today was a circle scarf which is awesome and warm. I picked a tan neutral color. Trying to wait to spend my money on the good things!

Then we made some dinner and went out to a bar called Red Garter and met some promoters for trips. They showed us around and then told us all the hot spots to go before we leave and where to travel. It's crazy to see everyone just going out at 2am and get home at 5am. For me 2am is late enough for me. Now off to watch FRIENDS... again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying it so far! I leave Friday and am so nervous-I'm definitely going to be one of the crying people haha. I miss you and we have to organize when we can see each other :) Love you and Christy lotsss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still folowing you around on your blogsite. Don't forget to look in the phone book and see if there are any Fiengo's. Gramma Sandillo's family is from Florence. Her Father was a triplet so there can't be too many relatives with that history over there. One of three boys. Would be interesting to find a long lost relative. Love,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete