Monday, January 30, 2012

Florentina Soccer Game

Sunday we woke up pumped to go to the soccer game. It was Florentina vs. Siena. We got a long email from one of our student activities advisors at school of the Do's and Dont's of the matches. For example, do not wear opposing teams colors or you will be harassed and hit. So... this led us to not wear those colors. Soccer or as it is called here futbol is very popular. The stadium was huge and everyone was wearing purple (Firenze's color). I wanted to buy a shirt but I couldn't find one in time so I had to settle for a purple headband and scarf!

We walked over with about 50 students and all sat together. I couldn't really make out the cheers because they were all in Italian but I pretty sure the they were saying "F you Siena". We won the game 2-1 and I saw some pretty sweet goals. One of Florentina's players is 21 and has been playing on the team for 3 years and was filthy good.




After we went to the American Diner because we were all craving American food. I wasn't hungry at first but we had to wait in the cold for and hour so by the time we were in it was 5 pm and I was going all in for a burger. I got a cheeseburger and fries with American coffee (just what I needed). Everyone else got giant milkshakes. I could of lasted longer without American food but it was nice to have a juicy burger.


Today I had the normal classes, Villa and the Garden and Italian. Mondays are pretty relaxing thank god. However, today was freezing probably the coldest day yet. My hands were purple and frozen. I need to invest in some warm gloves.

Then we had family dinner which was tortellini soup which was fine with me because I am starting to get a cold. My nose was running constantly all day! Joy... not.

Off to bed early. Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Did you pack any Airborne? I swear by it when I am getting a cold. Love you and miss you.
    Auntie
    https://apps.facebook.com/hyly-contest-app/1382905695749565238/entry?

    eid=1392200247389298259&fb=1
    Copy and paste my link and vote for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt pack airborne wish I did. All I have is some advil and Tylenol Pm but my friend gave me some NYquil hopefully just a cold going around. Love and me you too!

    ReplyDelete