Thursday, January 12, 2012

Orientation Day #1

Started the day off right by not getting up on time... My itouch is my new alarm clock and it decided not to go off! Anyway me and chrissy my roommate got up in 15 minutes and got dressed. No contacts, makeup, or anything.

Then we ran down the street to a bakery and I got my first croissant for only one euro which I thought was pretty good. I just know I can't do it everyday because that's a lot of carbs I dont need. Then I had to sit through a 4 hour orientation. Many of the staff talked and it scared me a bit about all the rules and safety tips. I listended carefully but it was a lot to take in. Then we got a short tour of the Palazzo Rucellai (the university I am attending) and it was beautifulllll!

Then off to get my italian phone, it took an hour to wait in line because everyone went at once! I still only have like three numbers in it. Its free to text all my friends here and then I got a few extra min to call. He said I can call the USA with it to but it's just extra. Then we got the major neccesities like blow dryer, straigthener, groceries to get us through until monday when we get our first payment for food. It's around 70 Euros a week and we get paid in increments of four weeks.

Now im sitting back down blogging, probably going to get addicted to this because it's interesting and I can write almost everything in detail! Were going to have a family dinner and make pasta salad and bread.. so Italian! Then were planning our first night out to a bar, so cool we are of age here but it's not the same drinking as the US which is good. Nice and classy. Ciaooooo!

1 comment:

  1. This is teriffic. Love hearing about your days.
    Love
    Auntie
    Questo รจ eccezionale. L'amore sentito parlare le vostre giornate.
    amore,
    zia

    ReplyDelete