Wednesday, January 11, 2012

firsttt dayyy

finally here on my first day and what a long day it was. I arrived at JFK yesterday at 1pm and meet up with my friend Morgan. We had lunch and chatted we were all kinda nervous. Then the eyes watered as my dad and sister said goodbye to me. My mom refused to go because she'd be to sad. I think it was a good idea because seeing her cry makes me cry.
Anyway after a long 8 hour flight into frankfurt, i met five new friends (melissa, morgan, francessca, kelsey, and isabell) we all played this game dice in the airport to kill three hours. It was now 4 am with the time change. There were many other groups of girls on the trip with like 4 boys total. However, everyone was very secluded and kept to themselves. I hope that changes.
Off on the next flight to florence, it was a short one hour flight but I sat next to a girl from UVA and she told me all about her school and plans of travel, she didnt know anyone and seemed really nice. Once we all got off many of the baggage was lost, im glad i made my dad get me that back pack to shove my stuff in or else I would be in the same boat right now. Speaking of i think i forgot to mention that at the airport in New York the lady almost didn't let me on the plane because of my carry-on. I was ripping apart my luggage in the middle of the airport and was just so flustered.
However, we then sat in the airport while the lady from our university separated us into our apartments. I WAS BEYOND NERVOUS because whoever you live with is gonna determine your trip in a sense. I actually got put with my friend chrissy barre who plays club soccer with me at UCONN and her two friends. We thought it was just us in an apartment but it is also with 4 Penn State students who are super cool.  We'll see how it goes though because a lot of girls in one apartment can be messy!
Off to dinner we went to see jac our other friend on the club soccer team who happened to be in Florence on a family vacation. What a small world. We went to "ristorante pizzeriza le botteghe di Donatello". I orded pizza to see what it would be like. NOT THE SAME AS AMERICA. The crust was really thin but delicious as well as the sauce and cheese.
Next off for some gelato, i decided not to get some because my stomach was already hurting enough! But there will be plenty of that to go around.
To end the day i sit here, wine glass in hand, and blog because I'm thinking I'm never going to want to forget anything that happens to me here and my family is going to want to see my travels. I'm not very good at blogging but me and chrissy are working on it and hopefull it gets better!



ALSO, i got great photos of the bridge and the Arno River. Bellllaaaaa! I was amazed! 

Another great pic of Nikki sending me off! xoxox love and miss everyone already but im READY FOR THIS ADVENTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment