Friday, January 27, 2012

exhausting week

The weeks fly by here. I can't believe I already finished my second week of classes. It might be because we have no Friday classes which is awesome! Gives us an extra day to travel or a day of rest if we aren't. 

Wednesday night we planned on going to this club called 21 which we went to last wed. it was awesome but when it came down to it we were all drained because of planning trips. We argued and debated for about two hours on which trips to book and which agencies to go through it was a bit ridiculous but I stayed calm through it all (blessed that I have patience). In the end we ended up booking a bunch of trips.

Rome the 3rd-5th
Interlaken the 9th-11th
Venice for Carnivale the 18th
Spring break is still undecided
Easter Weekend in the Almafi Coast
Last trip of the semester will be Springfest the 19th-22nd in Munich, Germany

These are the ones officially booked but there will be more to come and I've been budgeting everything pretty well and only spending on what I need too.

Thursday I had my first quiz in my photography class and I wasn't sure of what to expect but it was fairly easy then we got to shoot for the first time which wasn't as fun as it sounded. I'm not very good with manually working with my camera yet but hopefully I get there soon. 

Then Thursday night we went to Nioama which is a bar owned by Sergio who is awesome. He gave us drink specials all night and told us all the hot spots to go. We also talked to Florence for Fun and Bus2Alps companies just to get a feel for what we were getting into. I still plan on doing trips on my own just to save money and go on my own time but it easier when you have it all planned out for you and go with a bunch of people and have tour guides.





This morning I got to sleep in till noon then made some eggs (nomnomnom) and we decided to explore the town. 5 hours later we finally got back. A long 5 hours of walking but it was nice to enjoy to air. It seems to actually be getting colder instead of warmer as the days go on. We went to a bunch of little shops and the markets on the streets. I really wanted a leather made satchel bag that was bigger and could fit a bunch of stuff. My goal was to get one of the bags they were charging 60 euros or more down to 50 or 40. It was worth a shot and being a girl has it's advantages. I found a nice tan one that you could wear as a purse or a satchel and I got it for 40 euros. I love being a little bargainer. I know its like 50$ in the US but I really wanted something made here that I could use forever.

After we got home all of us crashed. We all went into hiding in our rooms and watched our shows on our computers or did homework or slept. After a long week and a lot of walking you feel completely drained. I never felt this tired in a while. Also we have to wake up at 6:45 again for another Saturday trip. This time were going to Siena and San Gamingano. But these trips are totally worth it. 

Now that I have completed season 1 of Friends with Christy we must go to bed and get some rest for tomorrow. Buona notte!

Ps this is the cow stomach that I ate... yeah never happening again.



No comments:

Post a Comment