Friday, February 3, 2012

off to the travels

So last few days have been pretty boring. It's been colder than usual here. All of our teachers have been saying they have lived in Florence for 40+ years and have only seen snow about 3-4 times... It have only seen flurries though. I didn't end up going out last night because we didn't plan on leaving until after midnight and I knew I had to wake up early for a field trip.

Today I went to Fiesole with my Villa class and I was the coldest I have ever been and I am a snowboarder. I couldn't feel my toes or my fingers it was ridiculous. We had to stand outside for three hours I couldn't even concentrate on what my teacher was saying. I was just so excited to go in for lunch. We went to a community center and for 5 Euros we got soup coffee and fruit it was cool to see all the locals and children there. On the way back I got a Delicious cookie from a bakery with creme in between two butter type cookies soooo gooodd. The view from Fiesole looking down on Firenze was breathe taking though. I really want to go back when it is warmer out so I can really appreciate it.

I received a text while I was there from my friends Morgan who is already in Rome and she said it was miserable and snowing. The Colosseum was closed which is the main thing I want to see. However, we can't cancel all of our reservations so we'll just have to see how it goes. Our train leaves in about two hours and its a three hour train ride so I'm charging up the ipod and going to take a nap.

The Crew.

Villa Medici

View of all of Firenze.

Great volcanic stone designs at the villa!


So off to ROMMAAA. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment